CA Counterbalance Valve – Atmospherically Reference
Atmospherically Reference Counterbalance valves are also known as load holding valves or over-centre valves. These versatile valves have various uses:
- Suitable for diverse applications such as lifting applications, hydraulic cylinder, winches, extensible movable bridge, etc
- Lowers velocity control and stationary load holding
- Provides protection against hydraulic line failure and pressure shocks when placed next to actuator
- A CA counterbalance valve is normally used in regeneration circuits and servo/proportional valve circuits.
Specifications of Atmospherically Reference Counterbalance valves (CA):
- Rated flow of up to 480 LPM
- Pressure range of 70 Bar – 350 Bar
- Maximum leakage at reseat (85% of setting) is 5 drops per minute
- Approximately 1 drop (0.07cc) of fluid will pass from the pilot area to the vented spring chamber every 4000 cycles
Special feature of of Atmospherically reference counterbalance valve (CA):
- Backpressure at port 2 does not affect the valve setting because the spring chamber is atmospherically vented.
- Full relief capacity.